General Store Site 12294 Harris Road Pitt Meadows, B.C.Click Here for Directions
This exhibit is based on the Pitt Meadows Museum's Harris Road indoor walking tour and is intended to introduce the viewer to a variety of buildings and sites, some that predate the incorporation of Pitt Meadows and others that were constructed early in the municipality's existence.
This online exhibit traces the history of the Hoffmann family from their beginnings in Manitoba, to Aldergrove and to Pitt Meadows where they settled. Ladislaus and his son, Hans Hoffmann, built their business, Hoffmann and Son Ltd, in the 1930's. For almost 45 years, Hans worked hard at the family business on Harris Road in Pitt Meadows.
In 1974, Hans approaches retirement age, to begin his hobby of collecting and restoring stationary gasoline engines. By 1979, Hans retired, had restored thirteen engines, and participated in his first engine show. Years later, his collection grew to more than 60 engines. Moreover, he continued to participate in shows around the community and around the province.